The latest Listography on Kate Takes 5 is all about Our Bests. Any Bests. Whatever we fancy. So here goes…
1. My Best Meal
I am a complete fatty at heart and my favourite meal is usually a good roast, with Yorkshire puddings, gravy and roast potatoes. My best meal though was one my hubby made for me when i came home from hospital, 3 days after having baby. After days of hospital food he made me a simple fish fingers, chips, mushy peas and a fried egg. Yumm!
2. Best Car
My first ever car which was a purple Toyota Corolla and broke down constantly. It was a complete nightmare to maintain but it was my first ever car and even now I look out for it when I drive past the house of the guy i sold it to (Bit sad I know)
3. Best Ever Journey
When we flew Business Class on our honeymoon. Halfway into a flight I usually get grumpy and whine and moan about how Im uncomfortable, I cant sleep, fidget fidget etc. Not this time. The recliners are amazing. As is the food, in house entertainment, service, drinks, food…ah lush! We kept looking at the screen saying Weve only got 7 hours on this flight in a sad manner.
4. Best Holiday
Just after I graduated, my friends and I decided we would celebrate my first proper job by going to Paris on the Eurotunnel. None of us had been before and didnt really know much about the city or the various districts. I found a very nice picture of a hotel and thought wow, thats so gorgeous and so cheap! When we got there we were a bit stunned. It looked nothing like the picture on the website (Sacre Couer) and looked more like a dilapidated bedsit. Oh, and it was in the red light district directly opposite the Moulin Rouge. Despite this, it was the best holiday ever!
5. Best Day
Our wedding day. On the lead up to it I was totally expecting it to go wrong at some point on the day and it did. But I didn’t care one bit and loved every second of it, even the bits that went wrong.
I love driving all over the place and used to drive a lot for work. If you looked at my car about a year ago it’d look a cross between a teenagers bedroom floor and half an office. Someone once commented they could see no less than 5 bottles of half finished mineral water rolling around the floor!
On a typical day it’d contain something like this:
– Croissants or bananas on the passenger seat (aka my breakfast!)
– Bottles of water all over the floor
– My latest drink in the cup holder
– Work Papers, presentations and folders thrown on the back seat
– 3 x different pairs of work shoes scattered around. Well, you need choice!
– Packets of crisps shoved into the side doors
– Crumbs… Everywhere!
– Chris Moyles on the radio. He’s funny, I’m juvenile. Perfect fit!
– One clean worker in office attire driving well ahead of time to the office / next meeting / visit clients.
It was a mess but a perfect aid to my working day, usually as I’d be so bad at eating lunch or organising myself.
Post baby it’s changed, somewhat. It now looks like this:
– Baby Easy Isofix base fixed in the back (Damn impulse buys!! Will have to buy another base once we move onto a child seat),
– Packets of “emergency” baby milk shoved into the glove compartment
– A bottle of milk in the cup holder (Obviously I don’t feed him on the go. After a not so recent emergency which comprised of the baby screaming at the top of his lungs and me frantically searching for the bottle in the changing bag for what felt like baby eternity hell, it soothes me having a bottle in the cup holder. Where I can see it!
– Baby snacks on passenger. Usually being scoffed by me.
– Baby jacket and other bits of baby clothing thrown onto back seat. I’ve usually forgotten my coat
– Baby changing bag that seems to grow in size everytime we go out!
– Teething ring and other toys thrown across the floor
– An odd shoe, mine. God only knows how I lost the other one. I know, I need to throw this one away. I haven’t the heart.
– My hair. Absolutely… Everywhere!!
– One late mummy with clothes thrown on, “White stuff” on shoulder heading somewhere usually about 30 minutes late!
Wonder what it’ll resemble once I start working!